Word of the Week

I introduced the Word of the Week to help us improve our working knowledge of the English language. Your part if you choose to participate is to be aware of and use each word for the entire week whenever the opportunity presents itself. This way we will all increase our vocabulary and our knowledge of the English language supplying us with a very effective tool to utilize on our road to success.

temerity

te·mer·i·ty /təˈmerəti/ noun

the quality of being confident and unafraid of danger or punishment.

From a poem entitled “It’s No Surprise”

“Eyes exuding sincerity,

understanding, temerity,

is why I love you.”











Monday, April 20, 2009

Business Success

All things being considered, (knowledge, skill set etc), success as a business owner is reliant on attitude, no matter the industry.

Prosperity and a grateful attitude go hand in hand. We cannot remain prosperous for long clothed in an attitude of ungratefulness. Now I am sure most in business do not consider themselves as ungrateful. However ungratefulness can show up in unexpected places. It is important to examine our entire true deep down thoughts covering all aspects of our business. Our list should include sales reps, employees, clients, family, goods and services, fellow competitors, even the day to day weather. It is easy to be grateful on those sunny days when employees show up on time and are responsible and cheery. It is easy to be grateful when clients are cooperative. Yes it is easy to be grateful when things are going well.

What about the customer who never seems to be satisfied? The client who always shows up 5 minutes before closing time? Are we grateful for these people? How about the competitor who would love to see us go out of business? Are we grateful for the sales rep that continually pressures us to carry things we don’t want? Does the poor weather make us complainers?
It is important to understand that when we harbor ungratefulness we are shutting off our supply of prosperity and abundance. Just as the water supply from a garden hose is reduced or completely shut off in relation to how much we kink the hose our supply of all that is good coming to us is diminished in relation to our ungratefulness.

To illustrate this point here is a personal experience. My private training studio was humming along as usual with satisfied happy clients. I noticed however there was a decline in new members. Actually I had no new members for a month. One evening as I was dropping off to sleep I posed the question as to what might be keeping new clients away to my subconscious mind. As always I received a prompt answer early, 3am, in the morning. I am not grateful for all my clients. This surprised me because I felt I was grateful for all of them. However I have learned my subconscious mind is never wrong. So with this new awareness I began to search my thoughts about my clients. I discovered that there were two clients, and even though I appreciated the opportunity to work with them I sometimes felt inconvenienced because of the inopportune times they would sometimes come to train. Could this be the reason? After all I still appreciated the opportunity. The answer came quickly. Just because you appreciate something doesn’t mean you are grateful. I thought of my internal language and behavior when I felt inconvenienced and realized the anxiety and friction it caused, (closing down my prosperity). I determined right then and there that I would immediately replace these thoughts with thoughts of gratitude and repeat a positive thankful statement at each occurrence when I would normally have felt inconvenienced. The laws that govern our universe are swift to respond when we align ourselves with them. Within two weeks of changing my response to one of gratitude I had six new clients sign up.

If we want our businesses to flourish it is important to remain always in an atmosphere of gratitude. If you feel your business is not what it should be spend some time searching your true inner thoughts about all aspects of your business. Once we become aware of an area on which we can improve the next step is to create an action plan.

For further discussion or ideas leave a comment or send me an email - premierblueprints@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment